If you have texts in:
- Spanish, and
for translation into German, then have them translated by a qualified professional. German is my mother tongue in its truest sense, and I love and treasure it. As a recognised qualified translator, I use it every day in my work.
In past years I have worked principally in the translation of operating manuals, product catalogues, contracts, datasheets, publicity brochures, and other texts from the following specialist areas:
- Medical technology
- Rehabilitation technology and orthopaedics
- Agricultural machinery
- Household appliances
For my work, in addition to my language skills, I also use modern technologies, such as various CAT tools, including SDL Trados Studio 2017, SDL MultiTerm 2017 or, if you so desire, also your organisation’s own translation software. To your benefit, this process guarantees a consistent use of specialist terms, and an optimum use of your legacy translations.
I regularly work with the following formats:
- MS Office files (*.doc, *.docx, *.xls, *.xlsx, *.ppt, *.pptx, etc.)
- Open Office files (*.odt, *.ods, *.odp)
- Adobe FrameMaker files in versions 8 to 13 (only *.mif)
- Adobe InDesign files in versions CS2 to CC (only *.inx or *.idml)
- XML files from various Content Management Systems (including Typo3, Cosima Go!, DocuGlobe, Smart Media Creator, etc.)
- Other formats on request
Please visit Examples of projects to gain an impression of some of the projects which I successfully handled in recent years.